Re: Buildd & binary-indep

> Well, we specified DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS space separated because build flags
> frequently embed commas. Shall we not take the same decision
> preemptively here?

Most fields that take multiple values use commas.  We do have another that
takes spaces (Architecture), but I would much rather use commas.

If the field is space-separated, it can't be folded.  If you want it to be
folded, it has to be comma-separated (unless you're proposing introducing
yet a *fourth* syntax for control fields, which seems like a bad idea).

> Also if we want to have lists as values for some "features" — like
> "disable-hardening=pie,relro" — we'd be better with using space
> separator.

I think that would be a bad idea.  If we need to provide data that takes
additional options, we should add another field, since we already have a
syntax for that.  Not add key-value pairs inside the value of something
that's already a key-value pair.