Re: data.debian.org -- requirements for packages

> Also, I do wonder what the highest update frequency should be for data
> packages.
> Some databases for instance release weekly or even daily snapshots, but
> updating a 10g debian package each week probably is not what we want.
I guess my follow-up is the result of being smoke deprived today:

concerning duplicate data if needs to be "applied" and purged (comment
from Simon):

for HUGE DBs with frequent updates -- may be we could come up with data
package chains -- i.e. with some base package version + sequence of
dependent packages with binary deltas which get applied upon
installation? e.g.

data-blob-1.0.0
data-blob-1.0.0+1
data-blob-1.0.0+2