Re: RFC: Rules for distro-friendly packages

Enrico Weigelt writes ("RFC: Rules for distro-friendly packages "):
> I've collected several rules that upstreams should follow to make
> distro maintainer's life much easier:

Thanks for doing this.  But I have to say that the tone of your
document isn't really appropriate for the social context.  It reads
very much like a series of demands and instructions.

We aren't in a position to dictate to upstream.  Upstream can do what
they want, and what we should be doing is offering friendly advice
along with explanations.

As it is, I'm afraid, I think your document does more harm than good.
The wiki page (http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide) is much better.

Sorry to be discouraging.

Ian.