Re: Is a bug RC relevant if it has an influence on the health of a person

Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 12:38:05PM +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
>
>> > 	Here comes the bug: GNUmed will, given appropriate
>> > 	circumstances, OVERWRITE the first allergy against Sugar.

>> > You die in hospital because of a second anaphylactic
>> > reaction to Sugar.
>
>> [...]
>>
>> Although I do see the point of "harms people" missing in the description of
>> severities, *all* RC-level severities already seem to apply, given the above
>> description (quoting [1]):
>>
>> - critical: "... or causes serious data loss, ..." (although internal to GNUmed,
>>   it does cause loss of a patient's data)
>> - grave: "makes the package in question unusable or mostly so, ..." (given the
>>   above description, it shall better not be used by any medic)
>> - serious: "... or, in the package maintainer's or release manager's opinion, makes
>>   the package unsuitable for release." (the easiest one: paste Karsten's
>>   description into a bug report and you're done)
>
> Filed a bug:
>
> 	http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=596219
>
> but reportbug did not let me specify either of RC / critical
> / grave / serious / security ...
>
> Karsten

Because you are a reportbug novice. Novices are not allowed to play with
severity of bugs. :)

You can reconfigure reportbug (reportbug --configure) and tell it you
are now more experienced with reporting bugs and Debian so it enables
some of the more advanced options. Or, for a one time thing, reportbug
--mode=standard, advanced or expert.

MfG
        Goswin