Re: Is a bug RC relevant if it has an influence on the health of a person

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> with GNUmed we currently have a case where a bug is not RC regarding
> the computer system and would not match our criterion of RC bugs.

Rather than RC (which is only about whether the severity of the bug is
sufficient to delay the release of Debian), what is the severity of the
bug?

> However, the influence of this bug might harm the health of patients
> of the doctor who might use this version of GNUmed.

Which severity <URL:http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities>
best matches the behaviour?

>From your description, I'd guess one of “causes serious data loss” (⇒
‘critical’) or “makes the package in question unusable or mostly so” (⇒
‘grave’) would apply. What do you think?

> IMHO we should enhance our definition for what RC critical means.

I think we need to make better use of the severity levels already
available, and leave it to the release managers to decide which ones
will delay the release of Debian.

--
 \     “We are not gonna be great; we are not gonna be amazing; we are |
  `\           gonna be *amazingly* amazing!” —Zaphod Beeblebrox, _The |