Re: Is a bug RC relevant if it has an influence on the health of a person

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 11:40:49 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> with GNUmed we currently have a case where a bug is not RC regarding the
> computer system and would not match our criterion of RC bugs.  However,
> the influence of this bug might harm the health of patients of the
> doctor who might use this version of GNUmed.

Doesn't that simply count as severity: grave - "makes the package in
question unusable or mostly so"?

> IMHO we should enhance our definition for what
> RC critical means.

IMO "grave" doesn't only mean "segfaults at start" etc. but also
"produces garbage, shows completely wrong results, doesn't fulfill its
core purpose, ...".

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    Warp 7 -- It's a law we can live with.