Re: Any chance to redo an upload to unstable which should have went to experimental?

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 11:54:31AM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 11:35:16AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > I intended to upload this package to experimental, but just forgot to
> > change the target distribution.  Is there any other chance to change
> > this rather than uploading a
> >
> >    gnumed-client (1:0.7.9-1) unstable;
> >    gnumed-client (0.8.1-1) experimental;
>
> If I understand the context well, 0.7.9-1 is supposed to fix a major bug,
> while 0.8.1-1 is the next upstream release, probably without any known
> stability problems but not tested well enough yet, and thus meant for
> wheezy -- am I right?
>
> If that is the case, what about using testing-proposed-updates?  It is there
> for exactly this purpose.

As far as *I* and *upstream* do see the things, yes this is the correct
interpretation.  However, the definition of "major bug" is in an area we
did not dealt with before (see [1]).  So I expect a possibly longish
discussion and would have sorted out my own mistake independently from
this.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2010/09/msg00203.html