Re: scanlite / scangui - what is the difference?

Dear Hans-J.,
I'm the maintainer of Skanlite (I assume you meant Skanlite). Skanlite is
(AFAIK) the standalone "replacement" for Kooka, which uses libksane for
accessing scanners. I started maintaining Skanlite, when I was missing Kooka
from Squeeze (Kooka is the KDE 3.x standalone scanning application and was
without upstream development for some time). After asking the Debian KDE
maintainers on IRC I was directed towards Skanlite, which wasn't in Debian back
then.

I didn't find "scangui" on the KIPI homepage [0], but from your description I'd
say it is another interface for libksane, which integrates with KIPI-aware
programs. But I might be mistaken, as I'm on vacation right now and my internet
connections is somewhat limited.

Kind regards,
Kai Wasserbäch

[0] http://www.kipi-plugins.org/drupal/node/1

--

Kai Wasserbäch (Kai Wasserbaech)

E-Mail: debian@carbon-project.org
Jabber (debianforum.de): Drizzt
GnuPG: 0xE1DE59D2      0600 96CE F3C8 E733 E5B6 1587 A309 D76C E1DE 59D2
(http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de/pks/lookup?search=0xE1DE59D2&fingerprint=on&hash=on&op=vindex)