Re: Debug output etc, cluttering the terminal

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:34:56 -0400, Christian PERRIER wrote:

> Here's mine, started yesterday morning....and I barely did nothing
> since then as I'm more travelling around Vermont that playing with my
> KDE apps:
>
> bubulle@mykerinos:~/travail/debian/translation/po-debconf/gitolite> ls -l ~/.xsession-errors
> -rw------- 1 bubulle bubulle 2511641 15 août  18:28 /home/bubulle/.xsession-errors
>
> That's 2 megabytes of....crap:

gregoa@belanna:~$ ls -l ~/.xsession-errors
-rw------- 1 gregoa gregoa 6946783 Aug 16 00:00 /home/gregoa/.xsession-errors

Almost 7 MB ...

> GNOME zealots will of course laugh and they might be right (at least
> about this....apart from that, I still favor KDE as desktop
> environment)...so I really hope there's a way to fix this.

... and I'm neither using GNOME nor KDE. The X session was started ~
5 hours ago.

Among the contents are e.g. ~20.000 lines saying:
    (firefox-bin:28026): Gdk-WARNING **: XID collision, trouble ahead

and ~20.000 lines:
    info: 0, warning: 0, error: 0
    Done
which are also from iceweasel if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Schmetterlinge: Otto Bauer Originalzitat