Re: Notes from the DebConf Source Format BoF

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 08:39:35AM +0200, Josef Spillner wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 12. August 2010, 16:36:56 schrieb Ian Jackson:
> > This is easy: you just publish two trees, rather than two branches in
> > the same tree.  (It's a shame that there isn't a syntax for "git
> > clone" which checks out a particular branch.)
>
> The --branch option to git-clone is going to celebrate its birthday in about
> two weeks.
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=git/git.git;a=commitdiff;h=7a4ee28f41270bf032d0dd0bfb17f601b9b3971a

That's great!
Now we need a syntax to tuck it into Vcs-Git: in control files.

Does Vcs-Foo accept unescaped spaces in the URLs?  If not, we may make it
simply:
Vcs-Git: git://foo.bar.org/meow debian

Being unable to represent that in a sane way, I skipped that field, which
already made one person waste his time (sorry, adsb!) reading an
unstructured diff.

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be