Re: Non-recompilable binaries in source and binary packages (Adobe Flash strikes again)

Le vendredi 13 août 2010, Goswin von Brederlow a écrit :
> Requiring stuff outside of main for building is not the same as
> non-recompilable. The source is compilable (and is compiled during
> build) if you install the Build-Depends from outside of main. It just
> isn't compilable inside of main. I do see a difference there.

Well, FLA files are compilable into SWF binaries. Using Adobe Flash,
that is a software outside of main. It is a non-free software, not even
free as in free beer.

Is that the problem? Do you mean that the DFSG implicitely require that
software must be compilable using tools that cost no money?

--
Tanguy Ortolo