Re: Usage of /var/lib for databases not properly described in policy

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 09:15:49PM +0200, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:

> >     /var/my_super_duper_database
> >
> > and keep the data there?  I do not actually intend to do so, but
> > shouldn't this be fixed somewhere in the policy.  FHS[1] is not
> > giving any explicite advise here and so we can not relay on the
> > predefinition there and thus should rather make our own.
> What about using /srv/ for such stuff? Wouldn't that fit better?

No, definitely not.  I *want* to use /var/lib/<pkgname> but I wanted to
give a good reason to do so and was not able to find one immediately.
Now I know to what section of FHS to point to and everything is fine.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de