Sprints (Was: (seasoned) bits from the DPL: comm, derivatives, delegations, money)

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 04:30:14PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> - I've been contacting (thanks to Sune Vuorela and Michael Prokop)
>   people from the KDE e.V. board about their incredibly successful
>   sprint program [11].  I'm still fleshing out details (ATM we have
>   significantly less resources than them, so we have more constraints),
>   but I hope to be able to start something similar next fall. In the
>   meantime, start thinking whether your pet Debian team can benefit from
>   a sprint!
>
> [9]  http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2010/07/debian_meeting_sponsoring_guidelines/
> [10] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DPL/SponsoringGuidelines
> [11] http://community.kde.org/KDE_e.V./Sprints

If I understand sprints correctly it is what we once called Extremadura
work meetings which actually were really successful.  The only problem
is that Junta de Extramadura seems to have stopped this and we would
need just need some organisers and some money, right?  I'm really in
favour of this and I could imagine some Blends meetings.

Kind regards and thanks for the DPL bits

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de