Re: Update Lenny to Squeeze

On 8/9/2010 9:36 AM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
[Michel]
I don't know where is the work on upgrade documentation but I wanted
underline this order.

At least the udev issue is known to me.  It can be worked around by
touching /etc/udev/kernel-upgrade before upgrading udev, allowing the
kernel and udev to be upgraded at the same time and without reboot
between them.  See<URL: http://bugs.debian.org/549522>,
issue.

It has been known for a while, and no-one have been able to come up
with a udev patch to avoid it, so I guess we will have to live with
this upgrade pain for Lenny->Squeeze.

Happy hacking,

As a user, I now know about this, but I think I would like to have it feature prominently in (several) conspicuous places were I coming to the upgrade cold. A suggestion.

A failed boot can ruin your whole day.

Thanks to all Debian developers and others for all your work. It is appreciated.