Re: RFH: How to compile swf files from source

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> wrote:

> canvas.as:12: characters 0-3 : parse error Unexpected var
>
> It seems that mtasc only  understands ActionScript 2.

Correct. There are no free tools to build ActionScript 3, only Adobe's
stuff. The mtasc authors moved on to creating their own language
(haxe) to build SWF files from.

> important  in my  case  since upstream  also  wants to  get  rid of  the
> SWF. Since it seems there is a lot of bug reports about those SWF files,

Great!

> it would be nice  that people who knows how those tools  work put a page
> in the wiki to explain how a SWF could be built with tools in Debian.

It would be much better to replace the SWF files with normal HTML if
possible and HTML5 tags if HTML4 is inadequate.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise