Re: Stepping the clock during boot

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 06:29:21PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Well, it's a reason.  But note that such backward stepping would only
> happen when your clock is really screwed up.

It actually used to happen every reboot of my server, which is why I'm
aware of the dovecot problem.  When ntp (or ntpdate, I'm not sure which)
would correct the time, the clock would move backwards 30 seconds or so
and dovecot would crash.

I've since replaced the hardware with something newer and this problem
does not occur anymore.  Just be aware that some motherboards for Core 2
Duos do have this problem and that you may very well run into it.