Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users, was: Re: The number of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling

On 26 July 2010 21:49, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> Brian May writes ("Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users, was: Re: The number  of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling"):
>> I would really like to see a HTML/HTTP browser based interface for the
>> BTS. I would have several advantages:
>
> I would strongly resist any such suggestion, for the reasons I have
> already explained.
>
> In summary: We don't have a lack of bug reports, we have a lack of
> developer time.  Increasing the number of bug reports will take away
> developer time for triage, for no benefit.

My proposal would save developers time in managing bug reports. I have
lost track of how much time I have wasted because I made a mistake in
an email to control@bugs.debian.org, only to have to try and fix up
the mess through the same interface. This time wasted would have been
better spent on fixing problems with my package.
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>