Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users, was: Re: The number of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 07:37:41 +0100, "Fuentes, Adolfo"
<A.Fuentes@liverpool.ac.uk> wrote:
>Well, then the problem I think is that people don't get to know what we all already know: That Debian is perhaps the best distro (in general terms). As Paul Wise commented, we need more promotion and more people creating screenshots. At least this would be the easiest and cheapest way to start with helping users discover these features.

I have never understood the reason why a screenshot may be relevant to
show what a distribution can do. I am prett sure that my Debian system
(even the desktops) don't remotely resemble what such a screenshot
would show.

Please use reasonable line lengths and do not top post.

Greetings
Marc