Re: removal of packages from testing.

On Thu July 22 2010 12:44:39 Neil Williams wrote:
> > We used to use Testing for desktops and laptops, but the hassle
> > of disappearing packages was not worth it.
>
> Any stats on that? Just how many packages were affected? Before or
> after a release freeze was announced?

Real users have to be able to clone or recreate systems
at any time.  Not merely at the most auspicious moments
of the release cycle.

Check our Joey's post for why Continuously Usable Testing
would be a good idea:
http://kitenet.net/~joey/code/debian/cut/

It does seem that Debian is wasting an awful amount of
effort by not making Testing as useful as it could be.

--Mike Bird