Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users, was: Re: The number of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Russell Coker wrote:
> The ability to have reportbug write it's output to a text file that
> can be copied elsewhere is a good thing. It would be nice if
> reportbug on a system with email access could then create an email
> based on that file instead of requiring copy/paste (which is time
> consuming and error prone).

If a machine has network access, you don't even need e-mail configured.

> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?ordering=normal;archive=0;src=linux-2.6;repeatmerged=0
>
> Also bugs.debian.org could do with some performance improvements
> (not sure if it's hardware or software). The above URL takes 55
> seconds, getting a faster response would make it easier to report
> bugs.

That's something which is on my todo list, and I'm about halfway
through fixing the load times of packages like this. Probably will be
finished some time in the middle of debcamp.

Don Armstrong

--
A citizen of America will cross the ocean to fight for democracy, but
won't cross the street to vote in a national election.