Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users

Le Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:54:16AM +0300, Teemu Likonen a écrit :

> Debian's attractiveness (or perhaps the lack of it) is probably a sum of
> several different things. I think one of those things is the front page
> <http://www.debian.org>. The page may implicitly suggest that there is
> nothing happening in the project. It looks almost always the same,
> almost like one of those abandoned projects.
>
> I understand the "patched are welcome" nature of the project but there
> has already been an example implementations for the front page. A couple
> of years back there was lengthy discussion which even made me feel that
> now it's really happening, the front page will change soon, but still
> nothing. Were do those suggestions go?

Hi all,

in my opinion, it is not only a question of design, but of infrastructure.  For
me, the combination of CVS and WML finally eroded all my motivation over the
years for keeping some life in the pages under /devel/debian-med. I would
welcome any change of VCS and language, even if it means losing the history or
rewriting the pages from scratch.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy