Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users

On 07/21/2010 11:31 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:

IMHO this is worth another thread how to make Debian more attractive for
users ...

I think it is bugous to ask such question.

IMHO we should care about improving Debian, going toward the perfection, not about increasing the number of users (which should
be a nice secondary effect).

I don't think increasing the number of Debian user is per se
a nice things, after looking Ubuntu.
Handling new users is not always enjoying (because of a small
share of them, remember Debian 10 year ago?).

So I like to have Ubuntu as 1-level support (and distribution)
and Debian for much stronger requirements.
It enjoys users and developers on both sides:
Ubuntu: low entry point for user and also for developers
Debian: challenging problem solving.
Both: a way to solve complex problems without crashing the heads so
many time into the wall.

So, let see how to improve Debian, not how to increase
our userbase!