Re: packages being essential but having stuff in /usr/?!

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 20:15 +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> No, and there doesn't need to be.  Now can you stop beating this dead
> horse?  It would like to rot in hell unharmed.
Wow,... supposing that you speak for Debian,... this reaction is
really ... "interesting"...

Always thought that Debian would be an open project,... so
- either I'm wrong with my assumptions on the policy and one could
(being so "open") explain the where and why...
- or I'm right,.. than there's somewhere some problem, either in the
policy,.. or the package...

But just saying "go away,... I don't wanna know anything"... and
ignoring that there are e.g. non-dash/bash shells which conform to the
policy as a /bin/sh but still would break here... this is really
Drepper-ism in it's purest form :)

Thank your for that ... uhm... entertainment...

Best wishes,
Chris.