Re: xulrunner 1.9.2 into sid?

On 06/28/2010 06:54 AM, Mike Hommey wrote:
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 05:36:11AM -0600, Aaron Toponce wrote:
[snip]
Second, for the reasons given earlier, releasing with iceweasel 3.6 and
icedove 3.1 would mean to avoid releasing with iceape 2.0. This may not
be a huge problem, as we already didn't release lenny with iceape, but
see below.

Iceape is a beautiful piece of software, and I have run it in the past.
But market share shows that Seamonkey/Iceape users are the minority,
with Firefox/Iceweasel and Thunderbird/Icedove the vast majority.
Releasing Lenny without Iceape was the best move, IMO.

If Debian accounted for market share, it would dump a whole lot of
packages. There are a lot of packages with less users than iceape.

When you've got limited resources, you must make hard decisions.

One of those decisions is whether to help a lot of people at the expense of a few, or the few at the expense of the lot.

Quoting Aristotle: "Even supposing the chief good to be eventually the aim for the individual as for the state, that of the state is evidently of greater and more fundamental importance both to attain and to preserve. The securing of one individual's good is cause for rejoicing, but to secure the good of a nation or of a city-state is nobler and more divine."

Quoting Spock: "Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

--
Seek truth from facts.