Re: 3.0 (quilt) format and patches applied to "component" source

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:06:07 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> That is because components are not supposed to have versions of their
> own. :) If components are seperately versioned and releases then build
> them seperate.
>
> Is it really so much more work to have 2 source packages? Seems to me
> that would make it much simpler to test a new svn checkout of just the
> plugins for example.

That's what we've been doing, and what will continue to do.
I really wanted to experiment a bit :)
The only advantage that approach would bring is the simultaneous upload of josm
and josm-plugins. The latter needs the former to build, so we usually wait for
it.

David

--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino