Re: 3.0 (quilt) format and patches applied to "component" source

David Paleino <dapal@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:00:28 +0200, David Paleino wrote:
>
>> Hello people,
>> [..]
>
> Ahah! I got it.
>
>> [..]
>>   $ ls -1 *.gz
>>   josm_0.0.svn3329.orig-plugins-0.0.svn21666.tar.gz
>>   josm_0.0.svn3329.orig.tar.gz
>>   $
>
> <component> doesn't accept dots. So, I changed that to *-plugins-svn21666, but
> it obviously unpacked it into josm/plugins-svn21666/. While this could be an
> acceptable solution (but would need some overhead to refresh the patches at
> each release, and to commit useless changes to $VCS), I don't really fancy it.
>
> Only using "*-plugins.tar.gz" works fine :)
>
> /me beats himself hard.

That is because components are not supposed to have versions of their
own. :) If components are seperately versioned and releases then build
them seperate.

Is it really so much more work to have 2 source packages? Seems to me
that would make it much simpler to test a new svn checkout of just the
plugins for example.

MfG
        Goswin