Re: Indicator applets and related packages
- To: Sebastien Bacher <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Evgeni Golov <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Indicator applets and related packages
- From: Raphael Hertzog <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 12:01:27 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20100616100127.GA7337@rivendell>
- Mail-followup-to: Sebastien Bacher <email@example.com>, Evgeni Golov <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 1276511250.4912.18.camel@seb128-laptop>
- References: <[🔎] 20100614073602.GA25691@rivendell> <[🔎] 20100614093259.GA9570@dorei.kerker.die-welt.net> <[🔎] 1276511250.4912.18.camel@seb128-laptop>
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Could you avoid changing the packaging system when you take things to
> Debian? We do use cdbs for those because it makes easier some of the
> things we are doing, we could need to add a diff back for langpacks
> translations for example over your version rather than being able to
> sync the source. That's something we should solve by porting our tools
> to dh7 but right now it's not done so meanwhile if we want to work
> together on those directly in Debian it would be nice to let the rules
> use cdbs if you can...
Following some discussions with Sébastien, he filed that bug to ensure a
solution is found for packages using "dh":
Joey, your input as debhelper maintainer on what could be upstreamed
to Debian would be interesting.
I'm not familiar with Ubuntu's languages packs so I can't contribute much
on this topic but it would be nice if Ubuntu could create/use them without
having to modify the Debian source packages. I don't know whether it's
important that it be enabled package by package or if it could be extended
to all packages. Right now they are enabled on Ubuntu only for Gnome/KDE
packages through modifications to pkg-kde-tools and cdbs (for Gnome).
If someone has a good idea, feel free to submit it in the bug above.
Like what I do? Sponsor me: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/05/5-years-of-freexian/
My Debian goals: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/09/debian-related-goals-for-2010/