Re: Bindv6only once again

OoO En  cette matinée  pluvieuse du dimanche  13 juin 2010,  vers 10:59,
Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> disait :

>> It is difficult  to understand why we should wait  freeze time to change
>> anything.  Some people (including me) may be afraid that the problem may
>> not be corrected because of  the freeze. Moreover, in the meantime, some
>> applications don't  work with  IPv6 for people  that are unaware  of the
>> possibility to modify the sysctl.

> You are taking the wrong approach to things. We should see if it is
> still a major problem at freeze time, or if we have managed to fix all
> the buggy software before freeze.

The problem is not the software that are in Debian and have bugs already
reported, the  problem is the software  that are not in  Debian and that
won't work with Debian but with any other distribution.

— XXX does not work with my Debian, it just fails with some network error
— I just tested, it works fine on my Arch
— Oh, Debian just sucks, let's try something else

*That* is a real situation case.  Nobody will set bindv6only to 1 on her
own.
--
SPITWADS ARE NOT FREE SPEECH
SPITWADS ARE NOT FREE SPEECH
SPITWADS ARE NOT FREE SPEECH
-+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 8F01