Re: Essentiality of Bash

On 12/06/10 21:00, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> Beyond making dash the default /bin/sh, which has already happened, is it
> (still) a long-time goal to make bash not Essential, or did I dream that?
> Because if it is, getting there means adding a lot of "Depends: bash" first,
> and so Lintian should probably add an exception to the (build-)depends-on-
> essential-package-without-using-version check.

AFAIK it's been demoted as the standard script-shell, but it's still the
standard login-shell, so I don't see it being demoted from the essential
set anytime soon. At least not in Debian, but that may be the case in
some sub-projects, as Petter pointed-out.

Cheers

--
Leo "costela" Antunes
[insert a witty retort here]