Re: Essentiality of Bash

> Beyond making dash the default /bin/sh, which has already happened, is it
> (still) a long-time goal to make bash not Essential, or did I dream that?
> Because if it is, getting there means adding a lot of "Depends: bash" first,
> and so Lintian should probably add an exception to the (build-)depends-on-
> essential-package-without-using-version check.

I dont see Debian losing bash as essential in the next, well, decade.
I also see no reason why Debian should ever do such a thing, too many
people rely on it. (Its different for some subprojects, like embedded
foo, but thats a different story).

--
bye, Joerg
Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.