Re: Bindv6only once again

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 11:01:50AM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 01:58:30AM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > In netbase 4.38, Marco d'Itri has unilaterally decided to change the
> > value of the net.ipv6.bindv6only sysctl to 1.  This change has the
> > following effects:
> >
> >  (1) it violates POSIX 2008, Volume 2, Section 2.10.20;
> >  (2) it violates RFC 3493, Section 5.3;
> >  (3) it breaks software that is written to comply to POSIX, most notably
> >      Sun's Java.
>
> Please start with "fixing" the FreeBSD kernel. It only supports this
> mode of operation.

Please start with not saying bullshits. The FreeBSD kernel support both
modes even if the default is bindv6only=1. Please note that the
GNU/kFreeBSD people have never been contacted about changing this
default value.

As the FreeBSD kernel seems to be the new model in Debian, I will be
happy to change the default value of net.inet6.ip6.v6only to 0 and
report a serious bug against netbase as the default value of the Linux
kernel doesn't match the one of the FreeBSD kernel.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73