Re: [Pkg-xen-devel] [RESENT] Re: Xen for Squeeze, 3.4 or 4.0

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 09:55:58AM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 07:33:58AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > ?ukasz Ole? wrote:
> > >
> > > I completely agree. Probably more people will use pvops kernel with
> > > 4.0 instead 3.4, so hopefully it will be better tested.
> >
> > Hi Bastian,
> >
> > I have been running Xen 4.0.0 on my laptop since you made the Debian
> > package, and there wasn't a single glitch (apart maybe the hibernate
> > function which I don't really care about). Using an old version of Xen
> > that already receives less attention from upstream isn't a bright idea.
> > I believe that 4.0.1 will soon be released, which has many fixes.
> > There's lots of new interesting features in 4.x too (like blktap2, which
> > I believe you could re-add in the Debian package as the issue with
> > OpenSSL was only the md5 thing, I suppose you saw it). My vote goes for
> > 4.0.x.
> >

> I'd vote for 4.0.x too.
> 4.0.1 should be out this month.
>
> Xen 4.0 is the correct hypervisor to use with pvops dom0 kernels..
> there has been doubts if 3.4 series has all the required tweaks for pvops dom0.

Oh, and Novell SLES11 SP1 is shipping Xen 4.0 hypervisor, so that might help if there are bugs to debug/patch..
(They're not shipping a pvops dom0 kernel thought, their 2.6.32 dom0 kernel is the xenlinux variant based on their forward-ported patches).

-- Pasi