Re: status of circulars dependencies in unstable

Hi,

On Sonntag, 6. Juni 2010, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > Today circular dependencies in unstable reached an all-time low.
> Very good to hear.  If only we could get it down to zero, piuparts
> would be able to test all the packages

As Steve already pointed out: this is (for the very most) a bug in piuparts.

(That's #526046 and badly fixed in svn, pending upload. The fixes uses a
(incomplete) hard coded lists of circular depends (urgh!), which is also why
I haven't uploaded it. It's running on piuparts.d.o though.)

(And, FWIW, piuparts.d.o still wouldnt test all packages: if a package has a
broken depends (broken as in the piuparts test fails), that package won't be
tested. Sadly there are quite some broken depends.)

> and a more deterministic
> package installation order would be ensured.  :)

That's totally true :)

cheers,
	Holger