Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 04:51:09PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> >Right, but also note that there's an open RFH on grub2 #248397
> >(retitled/refreshed recently, despite the low bug number).
>
> As long as there are tested-and-ready-to-apply[1] patches rotting away
> in the BTS without any comments, I don't get the feeling that this
> kind of help is really wanted.

YMMV, to me it would seem an even more acute indication of the fact that
maintainer is so unavailable that he hasn't even found the time to apply
tested-and-ready-to-apply patches; I believe both yours and mine
interpretation make sense.  Anyhow, now Colin is on the matter, let's
leave him some time to breathe, and I'm confident the patches you
mention will get through.

Cheers.