Re: snapshot.debian.org implications for you

On Wed, 19 May 2010, Felipe Sateler wrote:
> >Most of the repackaging is done because we don't _want_ to redistribute
> >those files not because we do not have the right to redistribute them.
>
> [citation needed]
>
> My perception of the matter is the other way around.

Take the case of stripped RFC, we can't modify them, hence they are
non-free for us and we don't want to carry them. But they are
distributable and having them on snapshot.d.o hurts nobody.

The same goes for any other non-free material that upstream
includes on purpose (as opposed to by mistake). Say a PDF documentation
or a logo or even a GFDL doc with invariants.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Like what I do? Sponsor me: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/05/5-years-of-freexian/