Re: snapshot.debian.org implications for you

On 18/05/10 04:13, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010, Peter Palfrader wrote:
On Wed, 12 May 2010, Felipe Sateler wrote:
Would it be feasible to have some sort of automation surrounding this?
Breaches that are fixed by a subsequent upload will very likely contain
some strings in the changelog: strip, distributable, dfsg-free or
non-free.
Also, a significant part of the breaches would have to be fixed by a
repacked tarball. Thus, detecting changes in the version string (adding
dfsg or repack) would give a good pointer on packages that need to go
from snapshot.debian.org.

Maybe.  Hard to tell.  Do you want to try it?

Unfortunately, I do not have time these days, so I can't commit myself to it.

Most of the repackaging is done because we don't _want_ to redistribute
those files not because we do not have the right to redistribute them.

[citation needed]

My perception of the matter is the other way around.

The check would be mostly useless IMO.

We can't really know until it has been tried.

--
Saludos,
Felipe Sateler