Re: bindv6only again

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> On Monday 26 April 2010 20:22:07 Don Armstrong wrote:
> > If the software doesn't work properly when either of the permissible
> > values is set when it is possible for the software to handle either
> > value correctly, the software is buggy. It may not be a bug that you
> > rush to fix, but it certainly is one.
>
> Set by whom?

It doesn't matter who sets it. If the program doesn't work properly
with either setting, and it's possible for it to work properly with
either setting by patching the code, it's a bug that should be fixed.

> If the program itself doesn't change the setting, it will not
> expect it to be another one.

If the program wants a specific behavior, it should call setsockopt
appropriately. [But I'm unfortunatly unable to parse your full meaning
particularly well.]

Don Armstrong

--
Where I sleep at night, is this important compared to what I read
during the day? What do you think defines me? Where I slept or what I