Re: Default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only should revert to 0

Russ Allbery a écrit :
> "John H. Robinson, IV" <jaqque@debian.org> writes:
>> Russ Allbery wrote:
>
>>> My understanding is that part (although certainly not all) of the
>>> reason behind the default change is consistency with the kfreebsd
>>> architectures which are expected to be part of Debian.  Debian has
>>> needed to adapt to BSD behavior, non-standard or not, since the project
>>> decided to include the kfreebsd architectures.  That's part of porting.

This reasoning sounds very strange, the BSD porters haven't been
consulted at all about that. I really doubt it is even part of reason
behind the change.

>> What is wrong with porting kfreebsd behaivour instead?
>
> I don't know.  What do the BSD porters think about it?

In kfreebsd, it's also a value to change with sysctl, nothing very
difficult.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73