Re: Default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only should revert to 0

Am Dienstag 13 April 2010 20:11:34 schrieb Russ Allbery:
> Or are you saying that inetd implementations use IPV6_ADDRFORM before
> running the underlying program?  (All of the ones in Debian?)  If so,
> there's some missing connecting of the dots in your reply.

I guess not all of them. OTOH, not all of them might use AF_INET6 sockets for
IPv4 connections (the two-sockets approach is always possible when using
IPV6_V6ONLY socket option).

At least xinetd uses IPV6_ADDRFORM although that socket option is already
deprecated again but still useful for such cases.

openbsd-inetd explicitely doesn't support IPv4-mapped addresses, configuration
needs seperate IPv4 and IPv6 setup.

I didn't look at the other two.

HS