Re: Default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only should revert to 0

On Friday 09 April 2010 16:14:57 Marco d'Itri wrote:
> I will be happy to re-evaluate this at the time of the freeze if it will
> be determined that setting bindv6only=1 by default will have a
> noticeable impact on the general system usability.
Have you considered that some people might want to use software that has not
been patched for debian?
And some people might want to develop software.

For those categories (and of course don't expect them to read some lost debian
documentation page, or even worst, the mailing list) debian would just be a
distribution that for some mysterious reason, doesn't work as it should.

Bye

--
Salvo Tomaselli