Re: Default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only should revert to 0

On Thursday 08 April 2010 12:38:36 Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> We are discussing this for linux, not freebsd, don't we?
freebsd is the reason because this option has been changed in debian.
But again, if they must conform to one standard, i think they should conform
to opengroup rather than changing one to conform to another implementation.

> You can use another file that is parsed after the problematic setting.
> How can this be a policy issue? If one package maintainer can decide
> to set this to 1 by default, another one can decide to set it back to 0.
And then maybe another maintainer wants it to 1 so adds a latter parsed file
and so on?
Doesn't seem a proper way to me.

Bye
--