Re: Best practices for development workstations

Hi,

On Dienstag, 30. März 2010, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
> > squid!
> > (Or any other normal http proxy. I don't recommend any apt-proxy
> > solution...)
> Can you explain why?

apt-proxy had issues when I tried (as well as others, which I cannot rememeber
now), approx iirc requires to changes /etc/apt/sources list, squid always
worked for me and never had issues, squid is useful for more then just
proxying apt repositories, squid can be set up as a transparent proxy quite
easily, updating a full/partial mirror usually takes more bandwidth then just
using a proxy.

cheers,
	Holger