Re: Best practices for development workstations

Hi John,

On Dienstag, 30. März 2010, John Goerzen wrote:
> The ability to easily rebuild a chroot is appealing.  However, I do not
> have a fast mirror at home; my "broadband" connection is just barely
> broadband.  pbuilder highly recommends a local or a fast mirror.  So I
> am concerned about this approach for security reasons as well.

squid!

(Or any other normal http proxy. I don't recommend any apt-proxy solution...)

cheers,
	Holger (running lenny + custom backports on his laptop (ie I'm using xorg
	        from experimental but provided in a local stable repo), plus chroots
		as well virtual machines with virtualbox. Building is always done in
		pbuilder (or an extra, clean lenny chroot).