Re: About new source formats for packages without patches

> I don't see any significant difference in the wording,

Excellent, then I succeeded.  If the people who were upset think it's
better and you don't see a difference, that's exactly the balance that I
was trying to strike.

> the major change is the priority which simply means that less people
> will see it/take it into account (those that use -I by default).

Yes, this is always the standard tradeoff.  However, that's an overall
Lintian design decision: it only shows minor/certain or normal and higher
"bugs" by default, and you have to ask if you want to see uncertain minor
or wishlist "bugs."  That's to encourage people who don't want to be
bothered with what they consider trivia to still use Lintian to check for
significant issues.