Re: About new source formats for packages without patches

Russ Allbery wrote:

> Yes.  I explicitly declined to add a Lintian tag warning about all use of
> format 1.0 because I don't believe there's consensus to deprecate it.  But
> the request to note the format explicitly seemed reasonable to me.

I disagree - my packages are in source format 1, I should *not* have to
do *anything* to them to say that and if Lintian warns me about them
being in sf1 and not saying so then that is a bug in Lintian.

It should *never* be a requirement of an existing system that it be
changed to state that it is such just because a newer system exists.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  +44(0)1223 293413  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer   |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE