Re: About new source formats for packages without patches

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:49:55PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Responding to http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/serendipity/index.php?/archives/201-lintian,-source-format-3.0-and-blog-comments.html:

Thanks, Raphael, for bringing this to a proper place!

> 1/ Instead of taking 30 minutes to explain why you don't care of the new
>    formats, it would have been way more useful to apply the patch
>    sitting in http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=388567
>    where multiple people prodded you for an upload.

I must say here that I'm at least partially to blame for this. I said I
would take care of it and never really did when I got too involved with
other activities. We had someone interested in changing more svn-bp
stuff to make support of multiple formats easier in general but that
seems to have stalled as well.

Neil is maintainer of the package but I'm listed as uploader and as such
will now discuss with them an upload of svn-bp with your patch applied.

Hauke