Re: Xen, Squeeze, and Beyond

----- Original message -----
> Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > Xen might be doing well in some distributions but in lenny it has been a
> > disaster.  We have been stuck with a dead-end branch that no-one has the
> > time and knowledge to fix.  I believe squeeze will be better due to the
> > common base kernel version and some support from upstream Xen developers
> > (particularly Ian Campbell), but it will still lack the wide support
> > that KVM gets as a project that has been merged into the kernel.
>
> I've just noticed that HVM guests (such as Windows) are broken in Xen in
> squeeze due to the lack of qemu-dm (see #562703).  Any word on plans for
> that?

There's more than plan, there's the solution.

It's been 3 months that I am searching for a sponsor for this one:

http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/x/xen-qemu-dm-3.4/xen-qemu-dm-3.4_3.4.2-1.dsc

Which is tested and working.

If anyone cared sponsoring the 1st upload that'd be great. I have a good hope to be DM allowed soon as my AM already approved it.

I have Ian Jackson and the person responsible for Qemu in Xen (both from Citrix) that promissed to help, especially in case of a security issue on the package.

Thomas (from my mobile)