Re: Naming policy for Perl modules (mass bug filing)

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:04:58 +0900, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:

> > can you list the benefits?
>  · Consistency.  I like to find packages with a name I would expect.
>    Charles Plessy [2] and Philipp Kern [3] seem to agree with this.

Count me in.
A consistent schema is easier for searching, for downloading
(source|binary) package, for finding a package's bugs or PTS page,
for "blindly" adding dependencies ...

> > if, then a wishlist would be better. there are still functional bugs
> > [1] that need a people having some free time...
> I'm fine with that priority as well.  It is not really urgent after all.

I agree that fixing "real" (especially RC) bugs is more important but
nevertheless I'm in favour of filing bugs asking for a renaming of
the packages in question.

Cheers,
gregor
--