Re: Naming policy for Perl modules (mass bug filing)

Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> the Debian Perl Policy asks for packages for the Foo::Bar module to be

Perl module packages *should* be named... :)

> I believe these modules should be renamed to have a consistent naming
> scheme in Debian instead of using a prefix "perl-" or omitting the "lib"
> for some packages.

what should be the motivation and reasoning for spending time on this task? as
it will require change on the package it self, all the packages that have it as
dependency, plus an transition effort in order to make the upgrades work
properly. can you list the benefits?

> Unless there are objections I will file bugs of severity "normal" in a
> few days for these packages.

if, then a wishlist would be better. there are still functional bugs [1] that
need a people having some free time...

Cheers,
Jozef

[1] http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/pet.cgi