Re: dash Debian package - RC bugs

[Thorsten Glaser]
> JFTR, Clint Adams and I have been working to get posh up to the task
> of being a /bin/sh as well, so any solution should be able to not
> only have GNU bash and dash and mksh as /bin/sh but also,
> eventually, posh and ksh93 (if they add an “alias local=typeset”
> builtin at least).

Using dash as /bin/sh was introduced to solve some specific problems.
Which unsolved problems would using these other shells as /bin/sh
solve that is not solved already by using dash?  I am not aware of any
such problems, and unless some problem can be solved by replacing
/bin/sh by for example posh and ksh93, I see no reason to increase the
complexity of the solution selected to handle /bin/sh to cater for
those that want to do this.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen